Kitchen renovations remain a top-priority for homeowners contemplating a remodel. Given the considerable expense, construction time, and potential inconvenience, it’s imperative that a new kitchen design is functional, timeless and fits the desired budget. (After all, a kitchen remodel isn’t as easy to accomplish as changing a wall color!) All three of these objectives can be achieved with the help of knowledgeable design professional. Keeping all this in mind, here are a few design ideas to help jump start your kitchen plans!
- Tuxedo Cabinets
Sounds fancy, doesn’t it? Two-toned cabinets remain a high-demand request. It’s contemporary, interesting, and with the use of neutrals colors, like black and white, will remain timeless and classic for years to come.
- Functional Storage
No, we aren’t talking about the old “appliance garages” of the 1990’s. Think about how you use your kitchen. What storage space could you use more of? What doesn’t work in your current kitchen?
Roll-out spice cabinets are great, but not if you don’t really use a lot of spices… or if you buy spices in bulk. Maybe that space next to the stove would be better utilized as storage for cookie sheets and cutting boards. Do you need a place for waste bins or do you have a large pantry that houses your trash and recycling? How about hiding your appliances? Today’s cabinetry can completely hide your refrigerator, making it look like a seamless part of your kitchen cabinetry.
- Mixed Metals
This trend is a sure way to a unique look. Curate the look of your kitchen by using a variety of metal finishes. Restrain yourself to no more than three and make sure to coordinate the color tones with the other materials being used.
- Speckled granite: Homeowners are no longer limited to granite countertops. Instead, they’re going for quartz, marble and butcher block countertops that are easier to stain and maintain.
- Short cabinets: Ditch the short cabinets, and install taller ones. According to Kelly, tall cabinets make a small kitchen look bigger and brighter.
- Appliance garages: As shown above, there are much better ways to incorporate specialized storage in the cabinet plan.
- Pot Racks: The trend is for clean well thought out spaces. Pot Racks add visual clutter to the overall look of a kitchen.
- Microwave over the range: This simply isn’t necessary anymore due the great microwave drawers available on the market today.
- Dark brown wood and paint colors; Bigger and brighter is the trend for 2017.
A well-designed kitchen remodel can last for years and stay on-trend. Working with a design professional will ensure you get what you need as well as what you want! Ready to take on a kitchen remodel at your home? We are here to help. Contact us today.
All the Best,